Friday, October 07, 2005

Never EVER ask, "What ELSE can go wrong?"


Random musings, and answers to your viewer mail (hehe!), because I am still sooooo sick and can't form much of a coherent sentence, let alone paragraphs...

1. I FELL DOWN ON THE TILE FLOOR LAST NIGHT AND MY KNEE IS A GRAPEFRUIT.

My GOOD knee.

The opposite of the one I fell on when we moved in three months ago and I fell INTO the rose bushes. But hey, being bleeding and battered sure helps you get out of unpacking boxes for a while. (I still can't put any weight on it and Mr. Blogger has since determined I probably broke it, but seeing as how I didn't go to the doctor AS HE INSTRUCTED...it's too late to do anything about it.)

The cleaning guy was leaving and he had JUST SAID to be careful 'cause the floor was still wet. I tiptoed around the entry, but forgot about the hallway and BAM...I was down.

So now that both knees hurt, I guess I won't be attending Catholic Mass any time soon. Like that was a problem...

2. But I'll be dammed if I'm missing the game tomorrow.

3. Mom...you kill me. For those who did not see yesterday's comment:

Would you believe I watched the "dance" show last night! Accidentally found it on the tube and was engrossed throughout. So much more fun than ballet. But, he must have had the training or he couldn't have done so many pirouettes. M.

Notice how she CANNOT HELP but comment on technique. And I must correct my earlier mistake about her Ballet Mistress. It was a Ballet MASTER. The whippings must have been that much more painful.

4. The Pussycat Dolls are the devil's minions. That stupid freakin' song does NOT get out of your head. And no he DOESN'T wish his girlfriend (ok, wife) was hot like you. He likes her just fine the way she is, thank you very much. Un-hot.

5. Costco Oriental Rice Crackers make your house stinky.

6. Given how many of you commented about loving the "Modelicious", today's pic is for you. I think it was my favorite of this week's bunch, although, who thought making Miss Jay into the Fashion Witch was a good idea??? Scary....

7. I am certainly a gal who enjoys her "...", CAPS, bold and italics.

8. Emily...good luck with the sperm.

9. MIL, you also kill me:

Yay! Brooke! Your future children are destined to become performers! Did you know I turned down the chance of a scholarship to stage school? :-(

I always wished for my children to show some desire to perform, but Mr Blogger was the only one who ever did. (Although a couple of the others did get involved in backstage stuff, so I suppose that's something!)


Yes, I did know that you were offered a scholarship to RADA and yes, between MB and myself and the generations before us, any kids we have will inherit quite the dramatic flavor. I expect no less than temper tantrums done in iambic pentameter.

10. Don't you just love it when all your laundry is done?

11. Steph...my cousin of the exact same birthday:

I'm sick too! I started feeling it on Tuesday! What the hell is going on around here??

I DON'T KNOW!! But we both have to better by Sunday! mmmmmmm........Mexican food............

On that note, MB and I are going out of town this weekend for more UCLA football, birthday celebrations, family and good food...grapefruit knee, 100 degree fever, or not. We leave this afternoon, so...and I don't know how to break this to you gently...

There will be no blog on Saturday, and possibly Sunday.

Try to contain your disappointment.

And GO BRUINS!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it helps any, "Go, Bruins, Go!!!" I hope they show up [higher ranked] Cal. Our fears in Tucson are greater: the Wildcats play SC Saturday. So, "Go, Wildcats, Go!!!" no matter what. M.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are going to visit Alli & Phil & the twins this weekend, so I was really pleased to hear I won't be missing your blog after all, 'cos you won't be blogging! :-D Looking forward to Monday's instalment.

Oh, yeah, and "Go, Bruins, Go!" OK? ;-) xxxx

1:05 PM  
Blogger kiwi said...

Luckily Em loves America's Next... so now I have someone to gossip with. I loved coming in the day after and talking about the whole episode with you. It's your fault that it's my guilty pleasure. I do have to admit that I haven't watched any of this season. Smack my hand, please. How long has it been on? I must start watching it again. See you on Monday!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no excuses, darlin' girlfriend... i expect a blog entry on sunday when i get home from vancouver!;)

GO BRUINS!

xoxo and safe travels 2 u n MB

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I never heard about the rose-bush-tackle! Do tell!

Hope your knee(s) are feeling better this morning.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home