Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Number 16, my friends. NUMBER SIXTEEN.


Just had to add this for today...

I STAND BY MY CHOICE.

The 500 Greatest Songs Since You Were Born
We're taking a look back into the recent history of rock.

Blender, October 2005

There are people who will tell you that all the best rock songs come from the 1960s and '70s, the Golden Age of Genius-Level Hall of Fame Rock Immortals. These people are called baby-boomers, and they’re the same people who are bankrupting Social Security and invented the male ponytail.

Blender has never bought the myth that rock & roll declined at middle age; the last 25 years were as good as the 25 before them, unless you somehow think Eminem and U2 aren’t as Genius Level as the Moody Blues and Captain & Tennille. So we’ve constructed an alternative rock history that begins long after Woodstock stopped smelling bad and the Sex Pistols quit with dignity, a list of the 500 greatest songs since 1980. And believe us, it was hard to stop at only 500. Sometimes, the good ol’ days were yesterday and today.

HA HA HA EMILY HA

And the whole list too...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so pre-boomers that I didn't even know what you were talking about. My favorite pop song is "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole. Truly a classic. M.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know most of your list, and can't stand those that I do recognise! ;-D Oh, I'm so a 'boomer'! IMNSHO you can't beat the sixties stuff!

'Cept Duran Duran. They were good. Of course, actually knowing the Le Bon family helps. "I've 'ad that Simon Le Bon in my back room" as the London Cabbies say! And his first baby puked on me! Aaaaah!

But enough of this name-dropping! ;-D

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE "B.O.B," I can't believe it's number 2!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home