Monday, October 10, 2005

Bruins, "Boys" and Blinkies

Image excerpt provided by Clipland
Excerpt/Image shown under fair use. All rights of the respective owners reserved.


Continuing with the scattershot blog today...can't be exceptionally witty while trying not to cough up a lung.

(I know my talking about being sick is getting old, but seriously. At what point do you know it's pneumonia? Just asking.)

1. I think poor Mr. Blogger might be catching it this morning. How he stayed well THIS long is a mystery. And it's gone international...M-I-L said that MB's sister-in-law's whole family (did you get that?) was sick for her birthday party in the UK.

Freakin' bug has a passport apparently.

2. Oh the game, you ask?? I COMPLETELY lost my voice, probably got sicker from being out in the night air, made BOTH knees worse from jumping up and down too much, and got NO sleep that night from the aches and pains of all of the above...AND IT WAS COMPLETELY WORTH IT. Even my USC-loyal uncle told me on Sunday that I was lucky to be at such a thriller. It was a doozy to beat all doozies. But do we have to keep coming from behind to win at the last minute?

And did I mention...

Associated Press

Penn State is in the top 10, Michigan is out again and UCLA is on the rise in The Associated Press Top 25.

Southern California is No. 1 for the 25th straight poll, receiving 58 first-place votes in the media rankings released Sunday, BLAH BLAH BLAH...

In the AP Top 25, No. 11 is Florida and UCLA is No. 12, moving up eight spots after beating California 47-40.

The Bruins (5-0) haven't been ranked this high since the last poll of October 2001 when they were ninth.

Yeah BABY!!!

3. Yes, I really do have other things on my mind.

Reason number 52,875 why I love my husband...he is very easy to take on road trips.

It took us almost 4 hours to get to Pasadena on Friday night and even with all the bumper-to-bumper traffic, we can still have fun. Best of all, he doesn't mind singing his heart out to all the same music I do.

The first time he came out to visit me in the US, we of course had to go to Vegas. On the 5-plus hour drive, I had brought along a mix CD, and it had some really random stuff on it. (That was back when Napster was free and I just went nutty with the mixing.)

I figured that would be a true test as to whether we could get along...all those hours in a car with a woman who apparently had a taste for both Radiohead and one song from the Backstreet Boys (Oh put your eyes back in your head..."I Want it That Way" is a brilliantly executed, pure piece of pop!).

While I wailed away on the "RUUUUUUUUUUUUN" part of "Creep", eardrum/windshield-shattering as it was, MB didn't flinch.

And, perhaps best of all, he joined in on "IWITW". There is nothing cuter than my husband singing, "Tell me why...ain't nothing but a heartache...". NOTHING.

4. Don't go to The Cheesecake Factory hungry. You too, will spend $120. Their menu is so humongous...it has ads in it, for pete's sake.

5. My family RULES at entertaining. Thanks go out to them for the gathering on Sunday, but I'm still not so sure about coming over to an SC household after the USC/UCLA game...I will either be chased with sticks or teased mercilessly. Hmmm...

But we do like to party. I am having people over today for a quasi-birthday celebration and I actually got up at 7:30AM to do laundry and clean. Did my mother take over my body at some point and no one let me know?

6. Kona Girl...your family loves you, your friends love you, everyone who has ever met you loves you...never forget that.

7. Have you ever read some random person's blog and thought, "Who gave this person a computer?". This...makes me want to scratch my eyes out.

Ok, now I feel bad. I'm sure they're perfectly lovely people and their daughter is adorable. It isn't that. It's the freakin' "cutesy" crap. If I ever put a blinkie on my blog...shoot me.

But pictures of the Backstreet Boys are ok. That's IRONY.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE that backstreet boys song!.... he he...and i usually won't be caught dead or alive listening to anything other than alternative, with the OCCASIONAL (note all caps) pop tune thrown in the mix for a tiny bit of sap...

i just heard "WON'T YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND" yesteray on XM on the drive home from Vancouver... i love to sing at the top of my lungs when justin timberlake sings..."ever since i saw your face, nothing in my life has been the same...."

my monsters were literally gagging in the back seat... ;)

feel better, you crazy bruins girl, and go get some REAL Rx DRUGS to take care of that nasty cold that COULD turn into pneumonia if you start running a fever!

keep an eye on your partner in crime, too, MB, cuz if you both get sick, then there won't be anyone to make the juice runs!

XOXO and thanks for such a hilarious blog this a.m.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dying to know exactly what you ate at the Cheesecake factory. I'm feeling a bit guilty for suggesting it. But, isn't the food great! I always eat there when I'm in Phoenix since there isn't one is Tucson. Are you really going to the LA branch of the family after THE GAME? It's brave of you, although they are, thankfully, lovely people. Remember: SC:overbearing in victory, surly in defeat. M.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG You had to post that link to The Cheesecake Factory! `:-0

Now we've really gotta get to SD to visit next year and you GOTTA take us there! :-D

Wishing you better! Take care, look after each other - oh, and S-F-I-L (geddit?) has now got the sniffles as well, so we're goin' down like ninepins here, too! I ain't holdin' my breath! `:-(

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home