Sunday, October 23, 2005

Thank you...oh gods of football and good marriages


Well praise Jesus, Buddha, Allah, etc (football is an equal opportunity sport)...it wasn't a nailbiter for once!

51-28 UCLA over Oregon State baby!

Someone must have taken pity on me and realized I needed to stay as quiet as possible for the good of my throat. That's not to say I didn't yell...a little. Hey, I'm only human.

Then, after all the excitement died down, I went to bed at 9:30 (!!!) and slept for 14 hours. Holy moly. Guess I needed it. But I was just shocked that first, I was able to get to sleep after only having been up for 9 hours. And secondly, that I was able to sleep that long! But I'm all for whatever may help me get better...really, I am.

P.S. My butt still hurts, and nothing seems to have kicked in as of yet.

This blog is starting to descend into the ranks of this , so I'll try to pep it up. (I swear, I just search around in Blogger for these examples; I don't know anyone personally. If I did, I'd feel pretty mean...)

As I was sitting here trying to think of SOMETHING interesting to write about, I heard Mr. Blogger switching around channels in the family room and then settle on watching...Sleepless in Seattle.

(Poor MB... he is so often the topic of my blogging, but what can I say...he's damn adorable blog-fodder.)

My husband likes, no, loves chick flicks. (He's in there cracking up as we speak.) He isn't ashamed to admit it though; it's one of the first things I found out about him after we'd met.

The first time we went to a film together in London, I searched the paper for options.

"Well I want to see this, but you won't." (What can I say, I'm used to the male testosterone-filled choices of American men.)

"Sure I do!"

"Really...'About A Boy'?"

"Yeah...why not?"

"You do know what it's about don't you? There's no naked people or car crashes or anything."

"I know...so? It's supposed to be really good."

"But it's a chick flick."

"I LIKE chick flicks!"

And off we went. I may have stared at him a bit on the way though.

We even ended up going to Tower Records in Piccadilly Circus afterwards to get the soundtrack. And we bought the DVD when it came out...that's how much we loved it.

But, a confession to my husband. I did, and do love About a Boy. I can quote the lines, I've seen it so many times.

But the reason I wanted to get everything and anything having to do with that movie is this: THAT was the first time I knew I loved you. It hit me like a bulldozer as I watched you running around Tower trying to find the CD.

No man I knew would have done that with such enthusiasm. No man I knew would have even admitted to liking the movie. (OK, no man I knew kissed so well either...but that's a given.)

So every time I watch Hugh Grant trying to find a way to both save Marcus from embarrassing himself at the school Talent Show, and tell Rachel he really does love her, I'm reminded of the time I looked over at you waving the CD...

"Here it is...let's go home and listen to it!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Phew...when you said I pick the worst blogs ever, I thought you meant mine for a sec. Duh...you meant the one I linked. (That's me being sensitive...what a surprise.)

But yes, they are! I swear, you just search around a bit though, and that's pretty typical of what's out there. It's a Dear Diary kind of thing for most people. Not a journal. There's a big difference.

And neither I nor MB minds his being odd. That's what makes us a perfect fit. Odd attracts odd I suppose.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found out I could watch the rerun of the game so I did - in the wee hours of the morning. It was exciting even though I knew the outcome.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and MB are the cutest couple in the world... i love that he loves chick flicks and i love the way he loves YOU!

besides, we all know MB is a hot 4 brookie horn-dog, so who cares if he has an EMO side to him?

but, i prefer "love actually" myself....;).....

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud! MB has been officially recognised as odd. That's my boy!

(Actually, I'm also very proud that he has an emotional side and is not afraid to show it!)

I'm also very, very happy for him, because he's found his perfect life-partner! :*-)

Love you both lots xxxx

OK I give up! I can't help coming on with the emotional stuff - where do you think MB gets it from? ;-D

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home