Tuesday, November 01, 2005

And if anyone else needs chocolate, we have TONS of leftover Halloween candy


Some kind of sinus-y thing has kicked my ass today. I'm thinking it's due to the weather, but who knows. (And what in the hell is going on when it's in the high 80's for Halloween?!)

I've just had the most excruciating headache since last night, but I have now finally DRAGGED my butt out of bed to blog. It won't be much, so I'll apologize in advance for the lack of wit, but there are a few things that can't wait a day to mention.

But if by chance I don't finish, it's 'cause my head exploded.

First I wanted to tell my M-I-L that I am SO SORRY to hear about your house being egged! What kind of voodoo curse has been placed on your home?? Two such lovely people do not deserve all these nightmares...YOU HEAR THAT, YOU PUNK KIDS???

I wish we lived closer so I could help you with all these trials and tribulations. You need a lot of love and hugs right now. And chocolate...lots and lots of chocolate.

Secondly, may I say...that is the LAST time I mention costumes, or make-up sex...well, just sex of any kind. You people and your dirty minds (which is of course why we all get along...). All is well in the Blogger Household...and that's ALL I'm saying!

Lastly, I wanted everyone to know that I've heard from Lissa. I haven't asked for her permission to share any particularly personal details, but I would like to let you all know a little bit about my impressions. I'm hoping she's ok with that.

It is most important to mention that she must have apologized to me at least four or five times, and I made sure to tell her that she doesn't need to do so ANY MORE. Remember what I said about how I don't hold grudges...well, it's true. It is a huge waste of time to hold in that kind of negative energy, so I would prefer to just be accepting and loving towards anyone who makes those kinds of amends.

We've agreed to disagree on the topic, but she was kind enough to tell me that she never intended to berate me...only that the posting was a culmination of her frustrations with many other sources.

Lissa is FIERCELY intelligent, astonishingly open and immensely well written. She knows of what she speaks and I respect her right to have the opinions she does. I even recommended that she start a blog because I think she has a lot worth sharing with the world. (Oh, and it turned out she's Australian, so I was way off!)

She also was very complimentary to me and I must thank her for that. She didn't have to say so, but it's always nice to hear that you're "kind" and a "great writer", especially from someone you don't even know. (The rest of you, well, you're a teeny bit biased, but I love you for it!)

I will quote one line from her e-mail, since I think it's worth mentioning:

"You did not have to act so diplomatically the way that you did, and I see now that there are people out there in the world that actually give a shite about the world around them, and the hurting people that live in it."

(There are, Lissa. Many, many of them. I feel immensely honored that you think this way of me, but I hope you know I'm far from the only person who cares.)

I never imagined that by starting this blog, I would do anything other than provide a daily kind of "check-in" for my friends and family. I only wanted to share with others where I've been, where I am, and where I'm headed.

And then I got one angry comment that threw me. I think it also tested my ability to look deeper and see what was really going on. I'm now GLAD that Lissa reached out. She needed to tell someone.

(I'm sure there will be many more future less-than-kind comments, but at least I'll know how to deal with them now. Plus, there's always the delete button.)

I'm going to keep in touch with Lissa because she seems like someone who's worth getting to know better. I hope I've helped her in some small way to know that she's also WORTH keeping up the fight.

Sometimes being a sensitive, emotional person isn't all bad...I should know.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always been taught to apologise when you're wrong. And I was wrong many times, therefore I apologised for them. I may have went a little overboard with the "sorry" thing. Oops, I was going to apologise for saying sorry too much.

When does it end?:)

You do have my permission to use anything I have ever said to you including background stuff. I have no qualms with that.

Thank you for your countless kind words.

Lissa.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But it's the 'feelers' who risk getting hurt more, Emily :-( You may find that out when you have a child - an event which tends to affect even those who consider themselves 'unfeeling' :-)

Brooke, re the offer of spare chocolates: We have an enormous box of Belgian chololates here, which a person who works with F-I-L brought over from a trip to Belgium. They are the most delicious chocolates imaginable! And here's the punchline:

I haven't sat down and eaten them at a sitting! :-O

Now, before you think I must be ill, here's the reason. I just bought a fantastic book and CD. It's by Paul McKenna and it's called 'I can make you THIN' (I wish I could do that link thing - if anyone else can, please do it for me!)

I saw it at the checkout in the supermarket (wrong place - should be at the entrance!) and picked it up with a cynical laugh, thinking, "Oh, yeah, another stupid diet!" Then I read a page. And stopped sneering. And bought it. Not because I thought I needed to lose weight (although I do) but because it was obvious that this book really isn't another stupid diet. It a way of reprogramming your whole way of thinking about food and about yourself, your body-image and your self esteeem.

I have read the book, and I listen to the CD every day, and already I feel different! And I'm NOT dieting! And I can eat just one or two of the Belgian chocolates at a time! And F-I-L thinks I'm ill or I've gone mad! (Well, he did, but now I'm making him listen to the CD and read the book! ;-D )

If you can get hold of this in the US - which I'm sure you can - GET IT! It's life-changing!

Whew! Advert break over ;-)

And I apologise for starting every sentence with And! (Sometimes it's Ok, for effect, it's just that I have a tendency to overdo everything ;-D )

Hope you'll soon be on your feet again and back to blogging! xxxx

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS - What do you do when the comments on your blog get longer than the blog itself? Tell the writer to f*** off and start their own d*** blog? ;-D

1:15 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Hey there...that's my M-I-L you're talking to! ;)

Comment 'til your heart's content...I really love to hear what everyone has to say (and you'll notice that I start sentences with "and" all the time)!

Here's the book:
I Can Make You Thin (Book and CD)

Unfortunately though, I couldn't find it for sale in the US. It was only on Amazon.co.uk.

Sounds interesting though and I'm glad it helps!

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. Have ordered one for you. Will post it as soon as it arrives. :-)
xxxx

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

honey, being a sensitive emotional person is NEVER bad... it sometimes slows us down, because when we "overthink", we tend to get lost in the details... BUT sensitivity and compassion are what make us who we are....

love and XOXO

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home