Monday, November 14, 2005

At least I'm not in the hospital this year...YET


I woke up this morning with the inability to hear ANYTHING out of my left ear. It is completely blocked and it hurts like a mother! Therefore I can't say I'll be writing much today, since it hurts to even be sitting up straight. (Excuses, excuses...)

But it's not unheard of for me to have this (unHEARD of...he he...get it? Ugh.). I have a habit of having very waxy ears and from time to time have to get it unblocked. Before you take off now because this topic is so UNBELIEVABLY BORING, stay with me...this will go somewhere better. I promise.

The only bummer is that sometimes the blocked ears are a precursor and a warning that I'm about to come down with something. That just CANNOT be.

My Mom always said that she could tell I was about to get sick as a kid, 'cause I would get REALLY REALLY grumpy. It was also often accompanied by the ANGRY FACE. Mr. Blogger knows this well. Serious furrowing of the brow, downturned mouth, crossed arms...the whole bit.

Not Pouty Face though...that's for specific "I'm-NOT-getting-my-way!" usage. There's a difference.

So yesterday, EVERY LITTLE THING MB did was driving me nuts. He meant well, but it was just one of those days where I was so put out with the slightest annoyance, I had to literally leave the room. He is such a little puppy though, that when I get like this, his solution is to chase me down, hold me and tell me he loves me. That only annoys me more.

Come on now...you must have those days too. I'm feeling pretty guilty here.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, with the exception of assuming it was SERIOUS PMS. He's used to that. He can handle it. And best of all, he forgives me for it.

So Honey, I'm sorry for being such a grump yesterday. You don't deserve that, but well, you knew what you were getting a long time ago. That doesn't excuse it though. And I owe you a BIG hug and smooch when you get home.

But now that I can't hear, I have a TERRIBLE feeling.

And it IS my step-dad's birthday today...uh oh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you're sick. Why should this year be different from any other? However, you have MB who is better than most doctors and nurses I've met in diagnosing illness and caring for people. You two are a perfect match in more ways than you've mentioned. I'll be phoning later.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheeesh! Woman, do you realise some people would give their right arm (or left ear ;-D ) for a 'puppy' like that!

Hope you're not going down with something else, though. (Did MB get that Echinacea F-I-L recommended?)

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, no... hope you are feeling better soon... i have been so wrapped up in my own mini crisis that i haven't been paying attention... am SO sorry...

i will send my "get well" karma your way, honee....

XOXO

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home