Sunday, November 06, 2005

If I knew how to download the sound effect of someone having a temper tantrum, I would make THAT my headline


I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.

I don't want to hear, "It's only a game."

I don't want to be consoled over the fact that "at least we had an undefeated season for an awfully long time".

I don't want to hear about how we weren't the only previously undefeated team to lose today.

I. AM. PISSED. OFF.

Look, I'm not a lunatic. I KNOW that the world does not begin and end with UCLA football. I know there is poverty and famine and suffering in the world. I know that this is not, in the scheme of things, of the utmost importance in my life (little things like battling anxiety and depression while trying to make a baby would take that title).

But I can't help it.

Aren't we all allowed to have something that we're passionate about? Emily was equally upset when they killed Xena, wasn't she? Lissa cursed the powers-that-be when they took Dr. Pepper off the shelves in Australia, right? And if anybody ever dared to tell Gary that Hurley stopped making clothing, what would he have left to wear?

So I am wallowing in my disappointment right now and trying desperately not to make Mr. Blogger pay the price. He's a smart man though; he knows that we will NOT MENTION THIS for the rest of the week. He is also to keep all sports pages away from me, lest we AWAKEN THE SLEEPING DEMON OF ANGER.

The one bright spot today? John named me to his list. Thank you Mr. Boston College Kid Whom I Don't Even Know. You are a riot...keep blogging. (And I do reminisce A LOT, don't I? I should watch that.)

Next Saturday is a home game and I will be there to cheer on my team. That's one thing I learned from sports...you never give up. And you don't stop supporting someone (some team?) just 'cause they had ONE LOUSY DAY.

A REALLY REALLY HORRIFICALLY EMBARRASSING, LOUSY LOUSY DAY.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am grieving here, too, Brooke. A total embarressment for our Bruins.....made worse by the fact that that OTHER team rolls on. And something worse than the loss....hearing my own daughter comment, "UCLA stinks".....she slept in the backyard last night.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Nope...never heard of that. But thanks for trying to make me feel better at least.

MB (the original)...how hard is it to be married to an alum of the other team this year (and the last...and the one before that)? I couldn't bear it. I hope at least one of your kids resists the brainwashing.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home