Thursday, November 03, 2005

Blog-o-rama-lama-ding-dong


First up, check it out...Lissa started a blog and I'm so proud of her! Please give her some feedback if you can and at the very least, give her a look (listen?). She is an interesting woman with so much of validity to share. (As a side note, if you read her profile, it is SCARY how much she sounds like Emily...right down to the foot phobia!)

It seems so strange that what started as one comment to a posting she didn't agree with has turned into a way to find her own voice. I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me that I had something to do with that.

Be aware kids...you know not whom you touch in this little forum.

I was even teasing Mr. Blogger last night when, as he headed for bed, I found out he hadn't even read me (odd way of putting it but you get my point).

"OH SURE...people from AUSTRALIA have the time to check out my blog, but MY OWN HUSBAND? NOOOOOOO!"

"But I was busy running to the drugstore for YOU! After we ate dinner and watched TV, I didn't think of it yet. It isn't because I don't WANT to."

Huffy sound effect retort.

"OK, I'll go read it right now...sheesh."

"Whatever. You can go to bed if you want."

There is no rest for the weary, for that man. However does he love me so???

But if you ever have nothing to do and want some fun, just keep hitting the "next blog" button up at the top. You'll see a random sampling of blogs from all over the world, in many different languages. Be aware though, there is some SERIOUS um, shall we say, ADULT content as well. I was shocked! SHOCKED, I tell you!

I know I've slagged off other sites at times, but today I shall be a positive, life-affirming source of chocolaty goodness. OK, I may be a teensy tiny bit sarcastic.

If nothing else, you will see how we all have our own obsessions/viewpoints/hobbies/digital cameras, and how we see cyberspace as the way to share them. I applaud that.

A guide to what's out there...and I don't know ANY of these people...

1. I love this family. There's no actual blogging, but it appears the pics are all of the daughter's Bat Mitzvah. They strike me as happy and warm and that the man is a good dad. You can't do better than that.

2. Check out what this guy has to say about his cyber stalker. That's ONE way to get rid of 'em!

3. SERIOUSLY devoted to their three man bowling league.

4. I have absolutely NO idea what this person is saying, but all very beautiful pictures.

5. She seems hilarious..."I hate when people excuse their bad behaviour with the fact that they are aware that they have a bad personality trait. For example I'm a self involved asshole. I know I'm a self involved asshole, but my knowing that about myself doesn't make my self involvedness OK."

6. Any teenager making weekly blacklists is ok by me. Plus I love the title.

7. Amazing how something all about knitting is still this funny.

8. Who knew there were people that into hot sauce? Well, I'm the wrong one to ask since I can barely handle "mild".

9. A Chaplain in the military, in the middle of a war. Regardless of your religious or political views, I can't even BEGIN to imagine how difficult that job is right now.

10. I just love that this person feels so strongly about the weather!

So there you go. We all have something to say. We all have a right to say it. And we all don't know what we ever did before "Blogger".

My cyber friends...I salute you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, Brooke! I'm supposed to have things to do during the day! I'm already reading 'a little pregnant', 'Dooce', a UK aquantance's Live Journal, a couple of forums (fora? forae?) and now Lissa's blog! For Pete's sake don't get me searching for more!!!!! ;-D

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot. And Emily's ;-)

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea there was all this stuff out there! I don't need more things to read.

Ellene says hi. She loves my place and Tucson. She's busy bonding with Patches at the moment. She brought her a new mousie and "Catviar." I introduced her to blogs.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home