Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I STILL love my Bruins though


I was tempted to just title this "I'm depressed" and then only write that "I don't want to talk about it".

VERY tempted.

As a matter of fact, as soon as the game was over last night, I went to bed at some ridiculously early hour because I was so sad.

But what can you say, really? They outplayed us. It's that simple. There was no bad officiating to blame it on, or luck, or any other bitter nonsense.

Florida was just better. They were on fire through much of the tourney, so it wasn't entirely unexpected. Therefore, yes, they deserved to win.

I can't take that away from them.

(And it was very cute how many of you were concerned about me! I wore a black suit to work today, if that means anything.)

Our Bruins are a young team and there is so much potential there. I'm proud of how far they went and honestly, I never dreamed we'd be in the title game when this all started. So on to next year!

And really you guys, this sure was a nice diversion from all the baby-making worry and job stress and stupid foot problem I now have. I loved every minute of it.

True blue to the end.

10 Comments:

Blogger Rock said...

the Bruins did a GREAT job this year and Ben Holland IS the coach to get them there - they were in the fucking title game - he has brought then back and all of Bruin nation shuold be happy happy happy

Net year you will be seeded at least 2 - and then you go.

BrookeDudeGirlChick

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a young team they did really well to get so far, and you are justified in your pride! Of course you would have loved to see them go all the way, but IMHO there's nothing to be too depressed about :-)

(Of course I really know nothing about it, but I pride myself on knowing the right thing to say in these circumstances ;-D )

Take care of your foot! I presume you've got yourself some arch supports and you're doing toe curling (!) exercises whenever you get the chance to slip off your shoe and 'have a twiddle'?

There I go, mommy-type nagging again! ;-D

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you when I heard the news. Sorry they lost, but they had a great run. And there's always next year, as Rock says!

Take care of yourself, particularly that foot.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I prefer losing a game that way instead of in overtime. The players looked like they were bearing up. And what's not to be proud of?

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when UT lost to LSU, I cried and then was in bed by 9pm.

i totally understand

11:39 AM  
Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I'm so sorry you team lost. And also sorry about your foot. Do your exercises. We'll need to take lots of walks when I arrive in SD.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They ARE a young team. It's amazing that so many of the starters on both teams are under 20 years old.

I hope your foot feels better, that sounds really painful.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I'm sorry about the outcome - I really thought it would be a much better game, too. That damn ugly Noah! The least he could do was be a little better looking if he's going to win it all.

And whatever your MIL means by "slip off your shoe and 'have a twiddle'" is okay by me!

2:27 PM  
Blogger The Queen Mama said...

Yay for diversions! Glad you got a little break.

8:43 PM  
Blogger BrianLaesch.com said...

Sorry, at least they are way better at basketball then JT. They will be back next year and better.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home