Sunday, March 26, 2006

Every day is a winding road...


Yes Rock, you're going to have to hear about my Bruins for another WHOLE WEEK. You poor thing, you.

FINAL FOUR BABY!!!

But lest I lose you again with all the basketball talk, I decided to share a few things that also touch my heart.

Did you know it's Mother's Day in the UK today? So to the woman I must worship for the man her son became...

Happy Mum's Day M-I-L!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(May you get to spoil all your grandchildren and hand them off to their parents when they get cranky...what more could you want?)

Next, as I was reading other blogs today, purely by chance, I happened to look back and see when I first started this blog. And guess what? It was exactly six months ago this very day.

So I decided to share the things that have happened and affected me most in that time (in no particular order)...

1. Because I put myself out there to someone who I thought needed it, two people I've introduced are now in love. Lissa and Betty...you know my heart is with both of you today.

2. I finally went back to work after almost six months on Disability from a big fat physical breakdown due to the stress of my previous job. Amazingly, and with everyone's help and caring, I'm doing all right. OK, I cried when I got home on Thursday night, but I blame that on my sore foot and PMS. I'm allowed.

3. I got pregnant in January, which is a good thing, but then I miscarried (AGAIN), which wasn't. All of your kind words and true thoughtfulness were a lifeline to me. I'm hoping you'll still be around when we figure out what to do next.

4. I made friends, which means the world to me. Even just today, of all crazy things, I received an email from Miranda, whom I found from her "Person of the Week" status at Melanhead's, and who turned out TO HAVE KNOWN MY DAD. How "it's a small world after all" is THAT?!

And Teebs and I are going to meet up when she's in San Diego on business next month! I'm so excited!

I love that this little project of mine to have something to do while I sat around on my butt all day...well...it's turned into so much more. (And I have my ex-employees to thank for getting me started to begin with. You guys know me all too well.)

Here's to the excitement of the next six months...I can only imagine what awaits.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Bruins advancing. You already know I'm getting worked up about March Madness -- I hope your team continues their run!

It's amazing all of the wonderful (and unexpected) things that can be brought about by the blogsphere. It shocks and surprises me in excellent ways every day.

Happy 6 month bloggiversary!

6:36 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Here's to another six months, full of good things, happiness and mucho blog love. ;)

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your M-I-L too! And the Bruins! And your blogging! As Martha might say, "It has been a good thing."





























1

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Mel, I knew Brooke's Dad personally from work. I worked at a firm with a panel of retired LA Superior Court judges and Brooke's dad was one of them.

And go UCLA!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Congrats on your first 6 months. I look forward to spend the next six with you. Wishing you all good things.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Firstly, Thank You! Thank you very much indeed for your Mother's Day good wishes :-D Even your Mom sent me an e-card! I'm proud to have such a lovely d-i-l, and friends like you and your mom :-)

At this point I would just like to remember my mum, and say what a sweet woman she was. You say Mr Blogger is so wonderful - well, I have to tell you how much he is like her, and that I am sure the great input she had in his early years helped to make him the man he is. I can't take all the credit!

And this blog! Oh, this blog! What has this blog brought about? :-o

Well, we all know the power of the internet! The world truly is very small indeed these days, when people from across the world can 'meet' and fall in love. People who would never in their lives expect to have met!

But you know, it's because you are such a wonderfully witty, amusing writer and also such a sweet, caring person, at the end of the day. If your lovely and loving nature didn't reach out with a welcome to all those you 'meet', both in the real world and in cyberspace, many people's lives - including yours and mine - would be very different!

Blog on Brooke! Next year I think you should be nominated for an award as the most life-changing blogger! ;-D

Thank you, indeed! xxxxx

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've written an article on blogging as therapy for an online newsletter focusing on depression. I'll be sure to let you know when it posts! As I was writing it, I thought of the role blogging has played in getting many of us through rough spots, life changes, and worse.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

UCLA is the only team left in my brackets. (But I have them losing to Texas - sorry! I shoulda known better.)

Happy half-birthday! I love your wit and honesty and I'm truly glad I found you.

10:12 AM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I'm so jealous that Teebs gets to go to San Diego! If you come to Houston you have got to let me know!!

Hey, I will be in San Diego the end of June!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Rock said...

You know I thought I'd check in on the Brookster today and sure enough in the first sentence she's wagging that 'giant foam baby blue Bruin we're No. 1 finger' right at me.

Like I said before I'm no Bruin-hater and being a good "local" boy I'll root for them to beat LSU but if the go up against the mighty Patriots of George Mason - well, I'm just an underdog type of fella.

But of course I don't have to tell you the local news is all UCLA all of the time - I've just about had my fill of Jim Hill and Steve whathisname for one weekend.

By the way - did you realize that UCLA only scored four baskets (field goals) in the second half Saturday - and still won?!

That's Coyote Ugly.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

You've done a lot in six months! With regard to #3--we're not going ANYWHERE, Brookie!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you in person next month. This may be my last business trip with this company. I'm so glad it's working out so well :o)

6:04 PM  
Blogger BrianLaesch.com said...

Thanks haha.

I didn't know that it was Mother's Day in the UK. You learn something new everyday. Sweet!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to drunk blogging.

7:16 PM  
Blogger The Queen Mama said...

Happy blog-half-birthday!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen said...

HEY! I just realized I'm linked on your site. It's very exciting for me. Maybe that makes me a big old dork, but so be it. :)

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I think that about sums it up.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

That is quite a roster for 6 months. Here's to another 6 months of excitement without any of the heartache!

9:31 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Happy six-month anniversary (a little late)!

I admire you especially for #1. I haven't received hate mail yet, but you handled it beautifully!

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really fun here in downtown Indy watching all the NCAA fans wander about not haveing a CLUE as to where they're going.

btw, there are no empty hotel rooms. none. zip. zero. nada.

I was glad to see LSU beat Duke, but I have a feeling the Bruins are gonna take it :)

happy 6th month blogoversary.

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home