Saturday, February 11, 2006

Random commenting from the Sicky Who Never Blogs Anymore and Hates Herself For It...




*Yes, I turned out to be very sick. Work sucked. Life sucked. Health sucks. Ability to form interesting, coherent postings sucks.

I'm getting better, but still can't swallow. No dirty comments, please.

*The kitties in the last post were not mine, although I wish they were. I miss my kitties. Ex-husband got custody when I moved to London. But see more of the Supercats here.

*Went for my follow up appointment with OB (post-miscarriage check up) and she didn't remember anything about me. I had to give her time to catch up on my chart. She suggested an HSG...had to remind her we did that already. Ok, how about an endometrial biopsy? Did that one too, Doc. You know, 'cause they were so much fun the first time.

She's giving me more blood tests instead. But didn't they take SEVENTEEN TUBES OF BLOOD OUT OF ME after last year's miscarriage (the last time she saw me)? Is she secretly a vampire?
Oh, and I have to wait two whole freakin' periods to start again. THE CLOCK IS TICKING LADY.

Lissa has offered up a uterus transplant. Wish I could take her up on it. No, REALLY.

*Thank you for all the low-cost Valentine's Day ideas. They were quite helpful, but I don't know if I can wait that long to try Melanhead's chocolate-covered strawberry recipe. MMMMMMM...

I'm working on something that The Man Who Reads My Blog and Everyone Else's cannot see. I'll tell you later.

*I'm currently flipping back and forth between a VERY close UCLA/Washington basketball game and the Olympics. It's a tough call...I LOVE the Olympics. I'm addicted really. And I don't know how I'm going to get myself to stay up every night to see the coverage.

They're showing ski jumping right now...perfect Telemark landing! (See, you only learn phrases like that during the games!) Doesn't it look like ski jumping would be fun? But then you remember The Agony of Defeat.

Oh, and figure skating is a long, long, LONG-held obsession. I took lessons for a while and I can tell you...looking pretty in full makeup and sparkly outfits while (practically) running a marathon is FREAKIN' HARD, people. (I'm so worried about Michelle Kwan.)

*The Grammys were OK. I was happy Kelly Clarkson won a couple. (Especially for Rock.) SOME people need to stick to singing in the studio however.

* American Idol is onto the final cuts. How am I supposed to keep up will all this programming?! I need a TiVo.

The little cowboy is so sweet. I want to protect him from big bad Hollywood. I don't think he'll make it far, but all that crying and singing to turkeys just endears him to me.

*Mr. Blogger is home from taking Emily some pills for her back (and going all the way to The Company With No Soul to deliver them) and getting me bagels. I love that he loves me, and I really love that he loves my friends. He would do anything for anyone.

Have I mentioned how much I love him?

Maybe I should just give him this blog as a V Day present.

14 Comments:

Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Emily - it is Krispy Kremes and they are leaving Houston. I am devastated.

Brookie! Feel better. Go love on that man of yours that should do the trick. (see I didn't touch the whole not swallowing thing!)

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel 100% better soon.

Have you ever watched curling on the Olympics? I have several friends that are interested in it, but I stick with my major love (hockey). I don't doubt that the figure skating is really hard -- I have a hard enough time staying upright on skates, much less moving and/or being graceful.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

The Olympics are on?

6:34 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Sorry you are still sick...

It sounds like you are going to try again, in a couple of months any way, good luck. It is probably okay to practice between now and then.

How could any woman not love a man who buys her Krispy Kremes?

I think they do a Valentine's Day, heart made of doughnuts....hmmm...

6:55 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Feel better. Very soon.

I love the Olympics too. :)

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about seeing some photos of the gorgeous Skye and the handsome Fergus? (They're cats, people.)

You're on the mend and have Mr. Wonderful to wait on you; what more do you need.

What about the seeing the OB doc at Scripps who specializes in high risk pregnancies? Is that available to you? Lissa is too sweet - blessing on her!

9:06 PM  
Blogger kiwi said...

Hey, MB came and visited me too. How come Em gets all the attention? Am I chopped liver or something? Just kidding. We had an interesting conversation though.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Rock said...

I'm still waiting for Kelly to call me (thanks for the link-up BrookeDude).

I never knew all of these chicks were so into the Olympics - who knew?

I remember being very sick for almost a week and a half during grade school and getting to watch all of the winter games in Grenoble - this was when they really only showed them during the day. And i was bonded with the snowbunnies ever since.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

So sorry you're sick. Ugh.

I'm angry at that doctor on your behalf. Maybe there's someone a little more sympathetic you could go to instead? Someone who doesn't recommend the painful procedures all willy-nilly, after you've ALREADY HAD THEM?

Hang in there, kiddo. You're a good wife.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Don't hate yourself for not blogging. Just think of it in a economic sense. Scarcity increases value and all that. :)

7:42 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

You definately need a new doctor!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

How insensitive. Totally agreeing with everyone about the new doctor. I hope you feel better soon Brooke!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've been through a lot! hope you feel better soon.

and Mr. Blogger has you for Valentine's Day...I bet he's very happy about that!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

Uh-oh. The Little Cowboy got cut. (Don't you think he was just a teeny bit handicapped, though? Something just not quite right...)

I'd fire your OB. Good Lord!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home