Monday, January 30, 2006

I am woman, hear me freak out


I of course woke up at the crack of dawn today, the big day, so after I had my cereal and made my lunch, I thought I'd quickly get on here to say thank you for all your good wishes!

I'm a little freaked, considering I haven't been at work in 5 1/2 months. But I went to lunch with my new boss on Friday and it seems like we're going to be a good fit. She's refreshingly human. (Of course, NO ONE will be able to compete with the Boss Man. But she can try.)

I have to report to HR in their corporate offices at 8:30, then I'll be on my way to the branch. My suit and blouse are pressed. Everything I'll need for my desk is packed up, including a framed pic of the MB and me (I'm hoping a glance at his wide smile will give me a boost when I'm lagging), I bought new clothes and makeup, got a mani/pedi, my car just got out of the shop with a clean bill of health and I'm ready to go.

Ok, I had a major breakdown shopping yesterday when I hated everything I tried on because of my hideous body, I was mortified at my broken-out face when the nice girl at the MAC counter recommended a new foundation, and I went to bed at 8:30 from sheer exhaustion at so much drama.

But that's kind of just par for the course for me. And today is a new day.

Here we go...

15 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

GOOD LUCK today! I hope you have a fabulous new day, in your freshly pressed duds and rockin' foundation. :)

I know how you must be feeling...I haven't worked since '01 *sigh* and if I went back to work today I'd be, quite frankly, shitting my pants. But you'll do great! I know it.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go You! You know you can do it! You'll be great! :-D

Hope the Krispy Kremes go down well ;-)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Good luck! You'll be great, and it'll be a very exciting day. :)

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're smart, talented, loyal, experieced, have a fabulous personality and adapt well to new situations. They're lucky to have you on board! Love you!!!

8:45 AM  
Blogger V said...

Freak-outs are good....good to get rid of that nervous energy. You'll do great! Can't wait to hear about your first day!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you should be halfway through your day now!! Hope that all is going well -- sounds like you are well on your way to success!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Hope you had a great first day. You deserve comfy sweats and take-out dinner as soon as you return home.

10:25 AM  
Blogger kiwi said...

Good luck. Wish me luck tomorrow on my SECOND interview. The manager sounds kind of mean but that's because you were my manager for so long and no one can beat your upbeat personality. What's you job title anyway?

12:33 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I'm excited/nervous for you... like my daughter and her first day of school!
Hope it goes/is going/went wonderfully!

2:07 PM  
Blogger The Queen Mama said...

Hope you had a great day! I think I would freak out if I had to go back to work, though I hope to be able to someday.

Looking forward to hearing how it all went. Keep us posted!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how it went!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I hope it was a great first day. New clothes and make up are always a bonus.

8:32 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I hope you had a good first day. My SIL also started a new job yesterday. That's kinda weird that you guys are on the same schedule. She had a really good first day.

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, good luck on the new job! you'll be great!

as to time to blog...who knows? it's tough to work and have a relationship and a life and shop for healthy groceries and blog all at the same time.

(btw, I'm very sorry about the miscarriage...honestly, I felt something had happened and I avoided your blog. I'm sorry for that too.)

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I finally got ten minutes to check out your Blog! What an achievement!

I can't tell you how devastated H and I were when we heard the news about the miscarriage..... but I'm pretty impressed you've started a new job.... Good luck... I hope today went well.... I will def try to log on tomorrow to find out how you got on.

Lots of love from all of us in shitty Wales.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home