Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Only five things?


Thank you AGAIN everybody, for helping me to calm down yesterday. Honestly, I can't tell you what all the support means to me.

But I figured you could use the break today.

It occurred to me that ages ago Tink tagged me to do the "Five Weird Things About Yourself" post, and with all the drama around here, I completely forgot to do it.

Thing is, I've probably written about most of the weird things about myself, but here goes anyway...try not to be bored:

1. I ALWAYS have a song in my head. And often I have no idea where it came from. For instance, all morning I've been singing "Birdhouse in Your Soul" and for the life of me, I could not tell you why. I didn't hear it on the radio or anything and it's a very old song. At night I often have to tell myself to SHUT UP and let me get some sleep, or else the singing in my head would go on forever. I guess it's better than voices in your head...at least it's entertaining.

2. I have a pretty famous cousin, but when I was little I wasn't allowed to see any of his movies because they were not "appropriate". Consequently, all the guys I dated thought I was very cool and would quote my cousin back to me, but I had NO IDEA what they were talking about.

3. I have never ever tasted alcohol. But the weirdest part is that there's no particular reason. Just didn't feel like it. I'm not judgmental about it at all and grew up with parents who never made it the forbidden fruit, by any means.

Honestly though, once I started developing so many stomach issues, it was one of the things they told me to stay away from. That and coffee...neither of which I drink. Maybe someone was trying to tell me something?

Oh, and I can't tell you how many people SWEAR they've seen me drunk. I just like to dance and have fun at parties. I guess people don't get that you can actually be that way naturally.

4. I have very, very VERY curly hair but get it professionally straightened. Mom is still waiting for the day I go back to au naturel. Everyone is, really. (You know the drill...DO YOU KNOW WHAT PEOPLE PAY FOR THAT HAIR???)

But since I only began doing it in 2002, Mr. Blogger has never seen me without straight hair. He sees pictures of me and can hardly recognize the girl with all the curls. It's just easier to keep styled this way and I relish the extra sleep from not needing to battle with all the electric tools.

And I was JUST about to go get it done after it having been six months since the last treatment. But now that I'm pregnant I can't do it. I'm gonna have some FUNKY looking hair by September.

5. I think I can kind of understand animals. Not like in a Doctor Doolittle way, where I actually carry on conversations. More like an intuitive thing. I usually know what's bothering my pets (and it kills me that I don't have any at the moment) and am able to read them pretty well. It also goes the other way in that they always come to me when I'm "not right". My grandmother was the same way.

Of course that didn't stop my last cat from peeing on my bed every morning. WHILE I was in the bed. Ew.

Now time to tag others, even though just about everyone I read has already done it. Hmmmm...

1. Emily
2. John
3. Amber
4. Rock

Get to it, kids!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has got to be the most interesting list of 5 weird things I have ever seen. Truly.
I don't know if that makes you weirder than everyone else or not.
The thing about people thinking they have seen you drunk is strangely endearing to me for some reason. Maybe it's because I love to dance too.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's kind of neat that you've never had alcohol, especially getting through the pre-21 years without trying it. But COFFEE? Life without that delicious beverage? (nah, just kidding -- it's just because I'm addicted that I can't imagine living without it!)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Wow. That was awesome!! OK, so some questions.
1. That wouldn't happen to be by, "They Might Be Giants" would it?
2. You're going to tease us and not tell?! That's just wrong. ;)
3. You rock! I'm impressed AND scared. What kind of superwoman are you?
4. Great time to chop it short!

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted mine!

Also I've never been drunk, and never tried any kind of drug. Currently don't drink, smoke, any of it. :)

Amber
-myaimistrue.com

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first thought was that you're not weird, and the second was thank God you didn't tag me!

Your hair is curly, as in ringlets, not kinks, and looks beautiful when you let it dry naturally.

I'm afraid you inherited the always-playing-radio-in-head from moi. I kind of enjoy it.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

I, too, struggled with my curls, but now I wouldn't have them any other way. Maybe you'll like them as the straightening grows out? If not, you can always resort to the blowdryer.

And you must be SO sick of people telling you just to "relax and wait for your first ultrasound." Sheesh! That's like saying, "just don't think about the pain, think about a flower" as your leg is being amputated.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Hey! I haven't visited in a while and didn't know about the baby and all.... Congrats and I send my wishes for luck and health.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I love the Little Birdhouse In My Soul and yes, Tink you nailed it.... They Might Be Giants. Their songs are great for kids as well as adults.

Okay, the whole cousin thingy without name dropping, that is just cruel....

I don't do coffee either, no reason, just don't like it.

Welcome to the weird club :)

4:30 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I want to know who the cuz is!!!!! Now!!

I am totally addicted to hair straightening chemically and with flat irons.

No alcohol, no coffee???? Aarrgh!

6:11 PM  
Blogger John said...

I saw a comedienne last night on Jay Leno, and she was saying how she took an acting class with a famous person, and she was about to tell a funny story about it, and Jay said you aren't going to say the name? She said no, it wouldn't be right. They argued, and finally she said 'OKAY. I'll just use the first name, that way I'm not completely giving it away'

'So Paris walked into the room....'

I cracked up. Now. Tell us who it is. Or hint. Please pretty please.

And I'll get on my 5...I gots to do some thinking...

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reckon I'd have more trouble thinking of five normal things about myself! ;-D

And you know I've been nagging you about wanting to see your hair curly ever since you told me you had it straightened. I'm really looking forward to the next few months! I demand photos! Frequent photos!

And I, too, have the song-in-the-head problem! Give me a cue - any cue, any time - and I'll break into song. 'Cept, unlike your mom, I don't always enjoy it. Often I find the song in my head is one I don't even like! How weird is that? For the last two days it's been 'Band of Gold'. No idea why. It's a crap song, with lyrics which don't even scan!

Apologies if this comment is ful of typos and speeling mistooks, as my cats have obviously missed me so much while I was away that they are fighting to sit on my lap as I write. Currently Katushka has won, but she is so pleased with her victory that she will keep padding the keyboard!

12:42 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

"I love the Little Birdhouse In My Soul and yes, Tink you nailed it.... They Might Be Giants."

*Blink* Okay... That's a little odd. When I was cleaning out the junk room I found that very CD (Flood) and was playing it around the house. I hadn't heard it in AGES and Hoop had never heard it at all. And then you blog about having it your head. Sharing the brain waves girl.

Word Verification: toybng= toy bang. All right! Don't mind if I do.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Rock said...

These five things don't seem very wierd to me Brooke - Hmmm , songs in my head, I am related to famous celebrity type people (LA connection), I don't get bombed every night, and I talk to the animals, well not really - their probably some real doozies lurking beneath, huh?

But, frankly, no coffee - ever (in this new coffee mad world) is hard to believe.

Thanks for tagging me - I gotta think hard about this.....

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home