Thursday, January 05, 2006

Joy to the world


I have decided that the last (approximately) 24 hours have quite possibly been the greatest in my entire life (non-wedding related though, of course Honey).

First, we get confirmation on the whole "holy-crap-I-really-am-pregnant-and-those-8-HPTs-I-took-weren't-lying" thing. (The picture of the three I took were only the tip of the iceberg. It's a compulsion.)

And the results from my second beta today actually came in early and I was told this evening that I went from 66 at 14 DPO to 110 at 16 DPO. They even said, "That's great!". Of course, nothing prevents me from worrying anyway, but so far, so ok.

The Peanut...she is latching on. Or he. I'll take anything really. Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease.

I am supposed to talk to my doctor tomorrow morning though to go over whether or not it's a good idea for me to go to London. And they still want me to take it easy, so I apologize profusely for not getting to read everybody's blogs lately...I'll catch up, I promise. All your comments and wishes yesterday were SO NICE! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Now normally, all this pregnancy joy would be the topper of all toppers. BELIEVE ME. I would NEVER EVER dream of asking for more.

But it didn't end there, my friends.

Last night, Mr. Blogger and I watched the National Championship Rose Bowl, as I tried not to get TOO excited (must stay calm and relaxed for The Peanut you know...YEAH RIGHT).

AND USC LOST.

USC...the mother of all arrogant teams. USC...whose fans' belligerence knows no bounds. USC...who hadn't lost a game since SEPTEMBER 2003.

USC...WHOM I HATE WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING...LOST TO TEXAS 41-38.

Mom literally called me as the game ended and said she was THIS close to running through the neighborhood banging pots and pans together.

We were CRYING, we were so happy, people! You just have no idea how pathetically immature our glee in their loss was and how we enjoyed it OH SO MUCH.

And then after I got to watch all the post-game ESPN Sports Center possible (all the better to continue reveling in the loss), Project Runway was on, which, if you're not watching, you MUST.

Oh! Oh! And today I spoke with a few banks who were all interested in me and are trying to set up interviews before I leave.

Considering how much I normally worry and stress over EVERYTHING, and how the tides can always change...I am going to grab on to this with all I got.

You do the same, Peanut.

13 Comments:

Blogger Rock said...

Hey congratulations on everything.

(But you know those Longhorns can evem be more arrogant....)

But I know what you're saying.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY TO BE!!

What a wonderful way to start 2006.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

I also am a rabid USC-hater (but sorry, I love the Ducks) and was bouncing around ecstaticly in bed while trying to nurse the baby as Vince ran the ball in to go ahead. My husband couldn't understand my anti-USC-enthusiasm, which I admit does border on the bizarre, but then he didn't grow up in Pac-10-land.
I am SO excited for you and your peanut!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Drink your water and celebrate! I hope the job goes well.

Grow little peanut grow.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a God - because of all he particulars you mentioned. (This from a Christian blessed with total faith.) Although I don't really think He/She roots for any team. All goes well, so a mother's prayers are now for good health for both of you. Love you!!

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! No more blahgs!

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like the stars are continuing to align. Sending more good vibes your way!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

2006 is a very good year for you! Good luck with little mr. or miss peanut. :)

7:44 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Go. Buy. A. Lotto. Ticket...NOW. It comes in threes girl. I'm so excited for you!!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy every second of it. Smile and laugh and dream and hope. I'm so excited for you!

10:17 AM  
Blogger John said...

BABIES!!! YAY!!!

2 Things...

1. Isn't it funny how the loss of USC consumed more of your post than a living soul developing inside you?
2. I think Madonna will get prego soon, so then your kids can be friends! Madonna aka Emily's wife.

BABIES!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! I am beyond thrilled for you...this little Bruin-to-be is growing stronger by the day with all the joy flowing to it. Sending baby and job blessings to you! And wasn't it sweet to see those Trojans go down!?! :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

You have been in my thoughts ever since the previous post. Take care! Stay strong little P-nut.

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home