Thursday, December 22, 2005

No one can have too much friendship...or cuteness


I have to dash off here because the woman who waxes my brows just called and moved my appointment up two hours. Yeah, back to frivolity today.

But in regards to the comments you all wrote yesterday: it is truly amazing to see how compassionate and open-minded you are. I am awed by your words and thoughts. Who would have thought that people from all over the country...oops, world...could find each other in such a way?

It has made me like, all Christmas-spirity and stuff now.

I can't tell you enough how much I enjoy reading all of your blogs, and how my day just hasn't started until I have time to sit down and go through them. I keep wondering how I'll be able to keep this up when I go back to work.

But I'll find the time, because I NEED to. I need to write AND I need to read.

I love knowing that there are others out there with such interesting points of view and that we are lucky enough to have a forum to voice them.

TB reminded me that having a less-than-even-remotely-emotionally-available father didn't mean we couldn't break the cycle.

Ditsy Chick makes me laugh my ass off. Every day.

John is adorable and young and has so much life ahead of him. I can't wait to see what he does with it.

V-Grrrl is wise, a great mom and understands the life of an expat in Europe.

Melany is my fellow Bruin and has the most adorable little boy you'll ever see.

Tink and Jess and Wordgirl and Debbie and Amber and little sister and Mrs. Harridan and #1 dancer and Shrinking Violet (oh crap...did I forget anyone??) are all amazing and interesting and full of advice to a woman they've never even met. I love your children, your pets, your trees, your spouses and your words. I will not forget your kindness.

Lissa. Well you know how I found out about her. Or rather how she found me. And I continue to hope she stays in my life.

And Emily, who suggested the whole blog (sorry Mom, COLUMN) idea to begin with, continues to keep me going when, in her HIGHLY inimitable way, she reminds me that I was a pretty good manager and should therefore be ok in the whole job hunt nightmare.

(Mom and M-I-L? You KNOW what you are to me...may I suggest you start a blog???)

As my little Christmas gift to you all, I present to you the cutest thing EVER.

I didn't know everyone's taste and sizes.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That site IS the cutest thing ever. Thank you!

WRITE A BLOG? Egad! However, your M-I-L could do it.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Total cute overload. In fact, I have to keep opening and closing the website so my eyes will quit dilating. Hehe. Thanks for the kudos.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brooke, I hope you realise that, thanks to you, I now have to read all those blogs, too! ;-D

And yes, your mom is right, I could write a blog! And I'd almost like to, but youngest son threatens to break my fingers if I do! (He disapproves of blogging!)

Hang on a minute! Why am I taking any notice of what my youngest son disapproves of? Have I lost the plot completely?

I love the cute animal piccies, but I was hoping that sometime soon we might get to see the FREAKIN' YEAR BOOK PICTURE! ;-P

3:37 PM  
Blogger John said...

awwwww.....im adorable!

:)

6:11 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Really?!?!?!

Oooo...I'm so excited and honored! :D

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Brooke!

Drink the fizzy water, toast the future with your beloved Mr. B, call your M-I-L, burn your bad memories, and believe in yourself and a great 2006!

And thanks for the daily dose of Out Loud (and the animal pictures--I'm a sucker for cute animal pictures.)

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Merry, Happy Happy, Joy, Joy.

I'll be thinking of you and sending positive energy your way as everyone else but me enjoys a glass of holiday cheer.

8:33 AM  
Blogger #1 Dancer said...

Aww... Love and hugs to you!

I think Mom and MIL definitely need blogs. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Have a wonderful holiday!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Well shit! I didn't get you anything!! Thank though. Now I have to go and meet John cuz he's adorable. Have a great holiday.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Thank you for the wonderful post. I love how open you are with your thoughts on the post.

I think your mom and m-i-l should not only blog, they should be writing books. I'll prebuy the first copy.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Frivolity is good! Also, thank you for reminding me I need to get my eyebrows waxed. ;)

It's great fun to have a community of women who all read each other's blogs. I have no doubt you'll continue to write after you've started work again. Once you start this kind of outlet, it's addicting, don't you think?

Thanks for mentioning me. It made me feel special. :)

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home