Monday, December 12, 2005

HTM-HELL


Since I can't sleep and have nothing better to do at 4:00 in the morning, other than to continue my cycle o' denial regarding finding a job...I played around with my blog template a bit today. (John, yet again you inspired me. Still mulling over the ad idea though.)

But then I remembered how bad I suckity suck suck at HTML and I could only accomplish some SLIGHT changes. I had forgotten the nightmare of setting up this page to begin with. It's what I get for not using a Blogger-approved template though.

That's me...gotta make things difficult.

Anyway, if you look down the side bar now (or is "sidebar" one word...see, told you I sucked at this), you'll see new categories.

I have "Good Stuff", which consists of non-blog sites I pretty much check out daily. Many of these are media/pop-culture related. What can I say? I'm addicted to keeping up on the latest in entertainment. Even though I hate Paris Hilton with a passion, I seem to have to know she was voted "World's Worst Dog Owner".

It's a sickness, really.

I blame my grandmother for first getting me hooked on old movie magazines at a VERY young age. She even read People every week up until she died from cancer at the age of 84.

Fun fact about my Gaa though (long story but suffice to say I couldn't say "grandma" and it stuck)...guess who she read about and saw on TV and absolutely ADORED?

RU-FREAKIN-PAUL. Loved him, er, her! (I don't know what's PC among drag queens these days!)

Apple. Tree.

Back to the sidebar. Side bar. Whatever.

After that section, I have the "Blog-A-Ma-Roll" (named in honor of Toral's incredibly lame suggestion of "Blizzamarole" on The Apprentice). This would be a list of all the blogs I can't spend a day without. Kinda like sunshine. Only wittier.

Some are friends I know in real life (as opposed to "fake life"?). Some are people I've never actually met and couldn't pick out of a line-up, but I still consider friends. Some are people who've just recently commented on mine and I liked what I saw. Some are random sites I've just come across and now HAVE TO read.

You figure out which one you are.

(And if anyone would like me to take theirs down, please let me know. I promise not to be offended. Much.)

Then we have the slightly controversial choice to publish my new, specifically blog-related email address. We'll see if I live to regret that decision. But did my "borrowed" disclaimer help to deter the crazies? Most likely not.

If it's gone in a week, you'll know why.

So check out the sites and/or blogs. You might like what you see and then feel free to come back and blame me for getting absolutely nothing accomplished in your day.

Beats working, I suppose.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I love RuPaul! :-o
S/he's fantastic! :-D
Me 'n your Gaa would've got on ;-D

6:26 AM  
Blogger John said...

Subtly influencing others [for better or worse...for worse] since 1984.

And HTML is hard. Like, wicked hard. Makes me appreciate each and every site I visit.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only part of your blog I understood was about Gaa and RuPaul. She got me hooked too, though not as avidly as you, who were part of the scene.

Do you really think your m-i-l and Gaa would have been chummy?

5:23 PM  
Blogger John said...

I need to get one of my friends to do a masthead for me. Im tired of this green shit on my site.

Thoughts? [On changing it...not on who to do it...I've got a certain person in mind for that!]

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honored to be on the Blog-a-ma-role!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I cannot do HTML, I use a boring template and I still manage to screw it up... it lures you in by letting you believe it is easy and then, next thing you know, your posts are at the bottom of the page.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home