Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's not the cold and flu season...it's the cold and flu LIFETIME


I knew it. I have a full fledged cold as of this morning. What a shocking turn of events.

But in the effort to quell the development to full-fledged flu/strep/bronchitis, Mom has been throwing Zicam swabs at me like they were made of some magical elixir. Perhaps they are. (Of course, she also won't come near me 'cause god forbid she catch it herself.)

Now, look at a these things, won't you.

(Oh sorry, was just interrupted by her coming in here with a Sugar Free Halls for me. Did she pack a medicine cabinet in her suitcase or something??)

Zicam is a Q-tippy kind of thing, with a blob of gooey zinc on the tip. You break them open and SWIRL THEM AROUND IN YOUR NOSTRILS. Ew ew ew ew ew. Plus, it tickles like crazy. Then again, EVERYTHING tickles me like crazy, so nothing's new with that.

But Mom swears by them, so who am I to question a mother's judgment. (Oh how the laughter engulfs her at this moment...)

So swirl away, I do. Every stinkin' four hours or so. We'll see if it works.

In the meantime, I have promised not to flake, for once, and will still take her out shopping today before she leaves tonight to see friends in L.A. I don't think she'd much appreciate me lying in bed all day.

But then again, being my Mom, she'd be used to that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I travel with a medicine chest. My motto: "Just in case."

MB takes such good care of Daughter that I never have to worry, but he's at work at the moment.

So while we're fully medicated (I have a gimpy leg at the moment), we go onward to the shopping.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew ew ew ew ew ew!

Up the nose! Eeeeeeeew!

Get some Echinacea and Vitamin C tablets! I tried to order some for you today, but my suppliers don't ship to the US :-(

Say hi to mom for me :-) xxxx

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUCK!!!!! beverley, i can't believe you use that stuff;)....

brookie, you MUST be FUCKING DESPERATE to put that disgusting zinc up your NOSE!!!:)....

how on earth did you SHOP after such a foul experience?????:)

he he.... just kidding, girlfriends... i know that brookie's been battling this damned flu/cold/whatever the hell it is for quite a while, and i know the situation called for desperate measures....but i must say....the bravery factor to do that is immense, and i commend you both....

mucho love and lots of aloha (think warm, DRY hawaiian breezes;)).... XOXOX

5:17 AM  
Blogger John said...

I'm getting sick now, too. Right when finals are starting. Which is wonderful. Feel better!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home