Friday, November 18, 2005

They say it's your birthday!


I have to run pretty soon here because today is my Day of Beauty. Haven't had one since my birthday and it's time for maintenance. In other words hair, waxing, mani/pedi...woo hoo! (It was getting a little scary over here...)

But I need to get gussied up because, speaking of birthdays, Mr. Blogger's is on Tuesday, the 22nd and keeping in line with the "Birthday Week" tradition, the celebrations start tomorrow.

Just about everyone I know seems to have a birthday coming up. It's ridiculous. But we figured it out....it's from all those people whooping it up on Valentine's Day! (Don't lie now M-I-L...we've cracked the code!)

After DoB, I need to go get cards and/or presents for SIX people! (Including both ex-husbands...yes we're friendly, and would you believe that every guy I've married has had a birthday in the same two week window?)

So tomorrow we're getting together with my step-dad (I HATE saying step, but you may get confused otherwise), step-brother (ditto on the step thing), his wife, their baby, his wife's dad and MB and me. We have three b-days to toast at lunch.

Then it's off to the Depeche Mode concert...where I plan to personally ask Dave Gahan to lead the crowd in a raucous rendition of "Happy Birthday". OK, maybe not. But I wish I could.

I have some other stuff planned for MB, but this would be a pretty stupid place to say it. Especially now that he sits down and reads EVERYONE'S blogs when he gets home from work. And list just keeps getting longer...

So even though my husband thinks I'm beautiful no matter what (and I think he happens to be blind in love, but that's ok), it's time to crank it up a notch. Or do the best I can anyway. OK, at LEAST cover the new gray.

And definitely THIS nail polish.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous; I want a day of beauty too. However, at age 67 and counting it would take plastic surgery as well as that which you've mentioned to make a difference.

I'm pleased you and MB are carrying on the Birthday Week tradition. One special day a year just isn't enough. Hope the festivities are all he could want!

Give the grandchild, son and daughter-in-law kisses from me!!!

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for you! you so deserve DofB!

now that you are gorgeous and off to the concert, all i can say is this: you and MB can have a FABULOUS post-concert "party," as well!

whoo hoo!

love and aloha, kg

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe Sorry to spoil your 'code cracking', but MB was two and a half weeks late! After my third baby was supposedly two and a half weeks late, the 'professionals' came to the conclusion that it's normal for me to carry for nine and a half months! After all, that '40 week pregnancy' business is only an average. (In fact, number 5 son was three whole weeks late! I can tell you, by that time I'd changed my mind and would rather have got a kitten!)

Have a great time, and BTW, I LOVE that nail polish! WOW!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home