Sunday, November 27, 2005

"Watching" and waiting


I told you before of the OV-Watch I purchased this month. Remember, it's ridiculously expensive? Yup...I THOUGHT that would ring a bell.

Well, we programmed it correctly, started it on the right day, and I've been wearing it faithfully, ever night, for the requisite amount of time. And yet, every stinkin' day it says this:

Nothing like looking at your wrist every day, only to be reminded that YOU SUCK...you stupid non-baby-making loser!

As I was now on Cycle Day 12, I started to worry that there was still no sign of impending ovulation (the watch notifies you when you get to the four "fertile days" leading up to the big O, so to speak, and I still didn't even see anything saying THAT was coming).

I also remembered that I royally screwed up my cycle by taking the progesterone too early last month, so god only knows what my body's doing these days. I was starting to think my uterus may have gone on vacation. It's pretty stressed out and wanted to lay out on the beach with a good book and a Virgin Piña Colada. But I told it there was no time for such laziness.

I called the company and they said they would have a "product expert" call me right back. Yeah, right. At 4:00PM on the day before Thanksgiving. Oh wait, make that 7:00PM...they're on the East Coast.

But someone actually did. And she answered all my questions, and had me put it through a test mode, which showed that everything was working properly. Again, I'm not sure that made me feel any better though, since that meant it was my body malfunctioning, not the watch.

What a surprise.

So as we were watching Saturday Night Live last night, the watch switched itself to the new cycle day at midnight. And lo and behold...
Woo hooooooooo!

Now we may or may not actually get pregnant this time, but at least I know I'm not some kind of non-ovulating freak.

My uterus is thankful for the relief.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technology comes through. Go for it!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooohooo! :-D

Sister-in-law is sitting here with me at the moment, with the twins crawling all over her largely pregnant abdomen. She's laughing wryly because she remembers too well those days when she thought she was 'Not Fertile', too!

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're in eggs-tacy. May the best sperm WIN.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! that is fucking amazing!

YOU GO, u two lovebirds....

XOXOX

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home