Monday, November 21, 2005

I may be toasting the occasion with that liquid crap they give you for a barium x-ray


Well! I think we can all see who everyone loves on THIS blog! (That's ok, really...it's the same way in real life...the man can do no wrong.)

But as much as I still want to puke my guts out and as badly as it hurts to be sitting up straight...I can't take not blogging ANY MORE!!

I am so bored, and in so much pain and this just really really sucks beyond all suckitude.

Do you remember the part in Boogie Nights where Scotty tries to kiss Dirk Diggler, but then is made to feel so foolish that he just sits in his car and says "Fucking idiot!" to himself, like, nine times or something? No? You don't? Ok, well if you did, that's how I feel. Except for the kissing part.

I just want to curse the living crap out of myself for doing this AGAIN. I missed EVERY SINGLE THING we were supposed to do this weekend.

On Friday, as I was getting my hair and waxing done, I noticed that my stomach was hurting particularly badly, but I thought it was just cramps or my IBS or something and tried to ignore it.

But by the time I was supposed to be driving to the nail salon, I had to go home 'cause something was definitely NOT RIGHT. I rescheduled the mani/pedi for today but...we'll see.

I'm supposed to go pick up the cake today and do other birthday-type preparations (again, not the place to be telling you quite yet but I can't wait to tell you the nightmare of trying to get MB's gift...can I just say that the EXTRA MONEY I paid to make sure it was here in time for the big day, resulted in its delivery to the WRONG FUCKING ADDRESS this morning? If I hadn't tracked it, then Mr. G Abramovich who signed for it would just be having a SWELL ol' time! Oh, but they're sending the driver to go pick it back up...yeah, can't wait to see how that pans out.).

And we have reservations tonight for dinner. His birthday is tomorrow, people. I HAVE to pull it together.

My temp is still hovering around 100, and that's not the end of the world, right? We've been on ER watch all weekend, waiting to see if it got so bad that I'd need to go. The nurse I spoke to there told me everything to keep track of, and my biggest fear will be that just as we're sitting down to his lovely, romantic, birthday dinner...CALL THE PARAMEDICS!

It wouldn't surprise me though. The real bummer? It wouldn't surprise Mr. Blogger either. I'm just that kind of girl.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh! {{{{Big Hugs}}}} for poor Brooke!

Just celebrate his birthday some other time! Pretend he was three and a half weeks late, instead of two and a half. Getting you well is what matters!

I really wish you didn't feel you have to do the birthday thing on the day :-( It would be much nicer if you were quite better and could enjoy the romantic meal together without fear of being rushed off to ER in the middle!

I hope he enjoys his birthday present. Good on you for doing the tracking!

Get well soon! Thinking of you both with lots of love xxxxxx

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I add anything to what your m-i-l said. It's always easy to see where MB got his disposition and nuturing ways. Take her advice. As always, it's "a good thing."

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Brooke.

You've had such a huge dose of crap courtesy of the For Worse clause that the For Better clause is bound to kick in soon.

Afterall, it sounds like MB has karma on his side. ;)

2:15 PM  
Blogger John said...

Worst case scenario, you guys can't go out. You could do something romantic [even in the hospital], like have a candle light dinner or cuddling in the bed to watch the TV. Or you could share your morphine drip [even if you don't need one, just tell them you do until they give it]. Nothing says 'I love you so much' than pain killers and drugs.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brookie! hope that you are feeling MUCH better... you can't be so hard on yourself...MB LOVES YOU!!!!!!!

now, happy birthday, mb! whoo hoo! even if you two didn't get to go out to dinner, or if you did and it was more of a "pain in the stomach" than you liked, at least you know that YOU TWO ARE MEANT FOR EACH OTHER NOW AND ALWAYS....

i'd take that kinda birthday present every day and ANY day....

love and kisses and ALOHA...

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,

(With Brooke's okay.)
Medically impaired since young adult; injured/sick since youth.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Well now that Mom's cleared that up...yes, Gary I knew it was barium, because I've had the particular joy of tasting it about three or four times now. Comes with the territory of a bad stomach.

I was making a point to call it "liquid crap" since:

A. That's what it tastes like.

B. Perhaps others haven't had the pleasure, so just saying that I may be toasting with barium wouldn't have gotten the point across so clearly.

C. I thereby have the need to justify it to you for some reason. Hmmm...

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home