Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Let's hear it for the girls


Trying to write this quickly and quietly, while Miss Kona sleeps. This must be a first in our friendship, however. Through all the sleepovers and slumber parties in the last 25+ years we've known each other, I don't think I have ever, EVER gotten up before she did. That's what the not-sleeping thing will do to you.

I got up with Mr. Blogger (poor guy has to go to work after all our shenanigans last night). I showered, dressed, PUT ON MAKEUP (it's shocking, really), and even went out to get fresh bagels. And still no Kona.

I've watched the Today show, commented (and added some more to my list) on all my Blog-A-Ma-Rollers...and still no Kona.

(Before I forget...THANK YOU for all your kind words yesterday while I was in my funk/frenzy. Mom called to say, "I just love what everyone wrote in response to your column today! They're all so wise!". Yes, my column. He he!)

But poor Miss K must be all tuckered out. She does have three boys, after all.

I'm so glad she came down though, 'cause we all had the best time at dinner last night. After being so down and dumpy, I had forgotten what your bestest girlfriend can do for you. We even pulled out the ol' yearbook, and although she did want to kill me, we laughed and laughed.

So, just like it says in those forwards I always get in my email, it is true, my friends, that you should NEVER forget your girlfriends. Your spouse may be your life and your love and the reason you're who you are today (and he is...BELIEVE ME), but your gal pals know who you were before, and can appreciate what you've become. They love you...no matter which incarnation, or hair color, or personality you've had.

And I've had A LOT of different hair colors.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give Kona Girl my love - she's a sweetie! ;-D xxx

And where's that Year Book picture you were promising to show us, hmmmmm? >>:-)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

BFFs are always the best therapy. Cheers!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen sister!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. BFFs rule.

They can always be counted on to talk you down from that metaphorical ledge.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

I used to have a girlfriend that over the years, sat each of my boyfriends down and told them, "I was here before you and I'll be here after you. Don't screw my best friend over. Got it?" She was great. I nicknamed her my bodyguard. All 120lbs of her.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love to Kona Girl! SOOO glad to hear she was there to brighten your day - as she always does. I know you do the same for her.

3:19 AM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Following the commenter listed as mom I feel I must watch my use of the f word.

So glad you got together with a gal pal. I live with 4 males and my girlfriends are what keep me sane!!!

We even go away for a weekend once a year (6 of us) where we drink, laugh, drink, talk, drink, sleep and so on.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Girl powah!! I swear, I never laugh so hard as when I'm hanging out, dishing with my girlfriends or my sisters.

Thanks for the link!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do I miss the most about life in the U.S.?

My Grrrl friends!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home