Tuesday, January 24, 2006

And here he is doing jello shots at my 40th birthday party


I've started to write this a few times and keep deleting everything and starting over.

I feel like one big blob of lethargy and I don't want to bore you.

Plus, how many times can you guys say "I'm so sorry" before you want to tell me to snap the hell out of it? I know I'm tired of me. I can imagine how you feel. (But thank you all the same, HONESTLY, and if I haven't been on your site to thank you personally, it's because I can't get to it or it won't let me comment..."annie" and "m&co" come to mind.)

But I was tagged today with a completely new meme and I think it's worth my writing about. Thanks mamalujo1...I needed something to get my mind off of stuff!

The rules: The tagged victim lists 8 different points of their perfect lover/partner, mentioning the sex of said partner. Tag 8 victims to join this game & leave a comment on a post letting them know they've been tagged.

If tagged before, no need to contribute.

(Now after the above cut and paste job, I do have to add a caveat. I personally don't think you should have to mention the sex of your perfect partner if you don't want to. I don't see what it really has to do with their attributes. But seeing as how we all know Mr. Blogger well by this point, it does me no harm to mention it. Just didn't want anyone to be offended.)

Sex of My Perfect Partner: male

My Perfect Partner:

1. Is patient, understanding and knows just when I need a hug.
2. Can make me laugh just by watching him laugh.
3. Is highly aware of the fact that I am accident, injury and illness prone and doesn't blame me for it. Having a medical background is therefore also highly desirable.
4. Is very outgoing and requires no babysitting at parties and social events. Everyone I have ever introduced him to ends up loving him just about as much as I do. In a different way of course.
5. Loves me for me and never asks that I change a thing. (See also: thinks I am gorgeous and desirable even though I think he may be insane.)
6. Has a British accent and is wickedly sexy.
7. Is smart and capable and works hard.
8. Makes me proud to be his wife.

I think eight is an awfully high number of tag-ees, and I don't want everyone to be "meme'd out", so I will only ask those I know who won't hate me for it (I hope)...

1. Emily
2. Rock
3. John
4. Melanhead

Oh, and in the time it took me to write this, I got a phone call. The bank that's super duper close to my house wants me to start on Monday. It's a good position and an ok salary (don't we all want more?) and shouldn't be as stressful as the one at The Company With No Soul that caused me to be on disability to begin with. To think that a week and a half ago I would have been thrilled silly.

Any ideas on how to get my shit together by Monday would be greatly appreciated. Mr. Perfect is going to have to get with the hugging. STAT.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Mr. Blogger sounds like a good guy.

Congrats on the new job. I bet you'll get your shit together better than you give yourself credit for -- obviously you were qualified and they like you, so the next step is simply to continue to knock their socks off. :-)

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Ain't it good to just think about someone special?

I always got my shit together by commandeering the kitty litter box, but when I got married that had to stop!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back at the blog! You're sounding good and the new job will give you something on which to focus. Love you!!! And Mr. Blogger is all you said and more.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Good to have you back Brooke. Congratulations on the job! I know it is a hard time to start a new job, but it sounds like a good opportunity.

You are allowed to be sad, you have gone through a loss and it takes time, we understand that, I'll give you until Thursday to snap out of it.

MR. Blogger, well he's a cutie, apparently on the outside as well as the inside.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First and foremost, IT'S GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK! :-D (I've been checking every day - in fact, several times a day! I know it's often the middle of the night, but you have been known to blog at some odd times! ;-) )

Your description of Mr Blogger makes me so proud! (Seems like we did an OK job bringing that one up! BTW, it would be nice to 'Tag' him!)I just hope my other daughters-in-law are as happy with their partners.

GREAT NEWS about the job! I am sure it will be less stressful and therefore give you time to recover, as you are obviously highly qualified to do the job without even breaking a sweat!

And that journey looks like you could just fall out of bed and roll into work! ;-D

Good Luck! Take care! Much love! xxxx

1:25 AM  
Blogger Rock said...

for the record - work is good.

You will instantly be in the world you know.

It will be fun. Period.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Mr. Blogger sounds like a wonderful guy. And a lucky one, too, to have such a nice wife.

Tackling a cleaning project almost always makes me feel better. Something small--a desk drawer, a box, a shelf, etc. It brings a sense of order to my world. I play music and sing along while I do it.

5:56 AM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

I've been thinking about you. A lot. Glad to see a new post. And glad that you have Mr. Blogger...he sounds fantastic. And he's cute, too. Bonus. ;)

Congrats on the new job! I think, in order to get shit together, you need to take many long soaks in the tub, drink lots of tea and perhaps get a massage, a pedicure or some sort of pampering this weekend to recharge you.

6:40 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Go get yourself a new outfit for Monday...You deserve it!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Glad to see you posting Brooke! Oooh, I accidently wrote "posing" there. HA, I caught it before you did Arabella! Hehe. I think you're doing amazingly well girl. I'm so happy about the new job. I think it's exactly the kind of distraction you need, something possitive to throw yourself into for the moment. We're here for you. We love you. Take your time healing OK?

BTW: I'd say that I think you a lucky woman, but I think Mr. Blogger is luckier yet. ;)

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, a British accent *and* a medical background - Lord am I jealous! Better than your own James Bond...you are both deserving of having such great spouses. And a huge Congrats on the new job. I know you are not yet ready to be thrilled for yourself, but I am thrilled for you. They are lucky to have nabbed you. I agree with the above post - pamper yourself this weekend - a trip to a good day spa is definitely in order. You deserve it.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh congratulations! So happy for you.

How about you take your wonderful husband and spend the weekend enjoying the beautiful paradise that you live in and relax your minds and your bodies.

Go to Coronado or La Jolla for a day. Go check out the seals at the seal pier. Go to Balboa park and visit the amazing cactus garden. Go downtown to the maritime museum and check out the cold war sub and the schooners. Go to the zoo. Go to Point Loma beach and watch all the dogs running around.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope that it will be relaxing and fun and a few steps away from your ordinary life.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

My theme is "Fake it till you make it." I'm back at work for the first time in days today and I'm just trying to do 1 email at a time.

Walk in dressed well, groomed well and smile. You'll figure it all out from there. Shit together or not. :)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

Still thinking of you and sending a super-cozy cyber-hug.

Next time I'm in SD I'll do it myself. It's a date.

Heal on your own time, in your own way.

xoxoxo.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Congratualtions on your new, close-to-home-with-pretty-good-pay job. Sounds dreamy. Forget getting your shit together in 4 days and just concentrate on an outfit that doesn't let your fanny hang out.

Mr. Blogger seems to have it all, including you-lucky duck. And since you're looking for me, I'm around at EvilQueenRules.blogspot.com. :)

8:13 PM  
Blogger #1 Dancer said...

Hey Brooke!
Good to see you back up and running in the blog world! We missed you!

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home