Monday, January 16, 2006

Trying to steal my thunder


On Friday, I was having a craving for something sweet, so Mr. Blogger said he'd pick something up on the way home. He returned with the following from the bakery section of our local Albertsons:

1. An entire apple-boysenberry pie

2. A dozen oatmeal raisin cookies

3. A pack of NINE chocolate cupcakes with white frosting

4. A raspberry coffee cake

With the exception of a few cookies and a cupcake, he has eaten almost the entire list. And he's a twig...so you may join in the jealousy.

Saturday, he was sitting at the computer and was suddenly overwhelmed with the need to lie down. He ended up taking a three hour nap.

And Sunday he kept claiming he was hot, yet cold, and was feeling just generally icky. So we took his temperature. He's not sick.

I think he may be pregnant.

8 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

When I was pregnant with my son my husband launched into some sob-story about his sore back. It lasted days. I told him until he had a 7+ pounder jumping on his tailbone, he'd better stick to pouring himself a nice cup of shutthefuckup.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Maybe he's having empathy pains for the ones you're not? That could be a good sign right?! He's taking it on FOR you woman! Omg, clone that man. ;)

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know where he gets the ability to consume such quantities and stay thin! Not from me, certainly! >>:-(

I hope he's not sickening for something! That's the way my knock-out illness over the New Year started. Let's hope it is just pregnancy! ;-D

2:29 PM  
Blogger Mignon said...

That's so unfair! He gets the 4 best parts of pregnancy without the 127 bad parts. Oh but then he doesn't get the ambrosia, aka Milkshake from Heaven, after pushing a bowling ball out his vagina.
I've got two babes, but I'd have another kid in a heartbeat to get that milkshake again. ;)
I'm kidding, but really, that euphoric feeling after the pushing is all done and the baby pops out. Doesn't compare to anything.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, he does sound pregnant. Does this mean you could end up with twins? ;-)

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

His claim to fame rests with the consumption of what is referred to on the menu as the "Breakfast For Six" (plus extras!) he single-handedly ate at the local deli. I always point this out to the people I'm with whenever I'm there. It never fails to impress.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Why didn't anybody tell me about the milkshake??? There's a milkshake???? Oh, now I want to get pregnant more than EVER!!!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

WOW! That could be worth a whole ton of money if he has the baby as well. Skinny men who eat like horses, pfffttt....

I did not get a mildskake, I got a 'Momma Drink' and it was heaven! I also ordered dinner, before the babies were out. Food never tasted so GOOD!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home