Monday, April 02, 2007

Two months old


Well, Mommy is a bad mommy and didn't blog when Keira hit the one month mark, but in my defense, there's no such thing as February 30th so she didn't have one. Yup. I use any and all excuses for my negligent behavior already.


I realized that I never really wrote anything resembling a "birth story", but I have to say that after all the ups and downs of a highly "eventful" pregnancy, the birth itself was a breeze. Hey, I had to catch a break somewhere.

My doctors had basically realized that I had HAD IT (no, really...every single day towards the end there I was threatening to cut the kid out myself) and I got a huge surprise phone call from the hospital saying that I was scheduled for a c-section on January 30. I hobbled on over to the guest room (wish I could say I ran, but that was not possible) to tell my Mom the good news and then of course panic set in.

Mom had been here since January 11th and it was now the 24th, and in that time, she was shocked to be there in person to witness just how bad off I was. I couldn't eat, walk, sleep...you know, little things like that. I think Mr. Blogger was just relieved to have some help in retrieving things for me. God help that man.

The next day MB's parents arrived from London and it was Operation Get Ready For Baby full speed ahead. There was still so much to do, buy, prepare, arrange...I was freaking out over not even owning a robe, for criminy's sake.

By the time the 30th arrived, I actually felt ok. I wasn't panicked about the surgery at all, I was more thrilled to finally be starting this new life. OK, and to NOT BE PREGNANT ANY MORE. I felt very calm and in good hands. The only hitch really was that the spinal took about thirty attempts and the anesthesiologist was starting to panic, but I just kept breathing. Pain was nothing at this point.

I did almost pass out from my blood pressure plummeting apparently, but hey, what can you do?

MB was finally allowed into the OR once the spinal took effect and had the camera at the ready. It went so fast and I'm so thankful for the anesthesiologist telling us what was happening so that I knew when she was out. Then, of course, you find yourself counting the seconds until she cries. Come on little baby. Make a sound.

Didn't take long. No...not any child of mine.

I couldn't see anything, but I kept hearing everyone saying, "She's beautiful!". Then I got to see for myself...

I agreed. And I was immediately in love and ridiculously protective.

I could bore you with the pain in the ass that healing from the c-section plus trying to breastfeed turned out to be (I think I may FINALLY have the hang of it and it's only been two months), but does it really matter? She's doing fine, finally growing well and is the absolute center of our lives.

Now, when I go back to work in a month, I may lose my mind. I seriously burst into tears every time I think about it. I mean, how can you leave this?

I don't even want to think about it.

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! Great job! :-D

Beautiful, beautiful baby. (I reckon I'm allowed to be biased, but she is anyway!)

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All your pictures are cuter than mine, you suck.

And I still want a copy of the picture of me 'n her!

Aww! She so flipping CUTE!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is undeniably one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen. You guys look like such a happy family. Congratulations!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Ericka said...

She is absolutely beautiful!! But then again, so are her parents. So, it comes natural for her.

She has the biggest eyes I've ever seen!

Anxiously awiating your next post!! Oh, and I always wondered how you spelled 'criminy'. Thanks!

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've become the stereotypical grandmother with photos always at the ready for one and all to see. Can you blame me!

10:05 AM  
Blogger g/\r*e said...

So so cute!! I am soo happy for the three of you. I can't wait to see you all again.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous Brooke and based on your Snapfish photos, you look beautiful and insanely happy as well. Motherhood agrees with you.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, she is beautiful.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying yourselves with baby Keira!

(and ya know, it's amazing to me when a new mom finds ANY time to blog!)

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous little baby! I have a 2 month old myself (little boy) and I am just SO in love with the little one!

Just found you via Mom, Ma'am, Me ... nice blog!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen said...

She's adorable. I'm so glad her delivery was easier than your pregnancy. I'd say you deserved the break. I can't imagine leaving that little face and going to work. That last photo is precious.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

And what a STUNNING bruin top. Gage has one in blue.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Arabella said...

Oh my goodness, she is GORGEOUS.

You did GREAT!!!

I'm glad your delivery went well!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Cuteness. Thanks for the update. And the pictures.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! She's really adorable. I love that top pic and great to see Laurie in the pics too. Lots of love!

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Congratulations. :)

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness! What darling baby!

Those pictures are GREAT!!!

Congratulations on your adorable baby girl!!!!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unrelated inquiry: Have you had a chance to watch The Riches? Eddie Izzard is awesome!!!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh she's a sweet one. I'm glad the three of you survived that pregnancy--geez! Good times ahead.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

She's ADORABLE!! Hang in there, the first few weeks of work were REALLY hard but I'm in my 7th week now and he loves daycare and I love my adult time.

10:19 AM  
Blogger The Queen Mama said...

She's so cute I darn near ovulated at the sight of her.

You know, if the tears keep coming after you're at work a few weeks, maybe you can talk to your boss about a longer leave or a half-time schedule...or something. Some kind of compromise. You've waited so long to meet her, and their time as little ones is so, so, so fleeting.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Di said...

Beautiful and go BRUINS!

5:54 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I am so glad she is finally here!! She is such a cutie! Congratulations to you both!

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Brooke, she is breathtaking! That photo of her in the Bruins onesie is so adorable :)

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that baby is CUTE OVERLOAD A MILLION TIMES OVER!!!!

I've a question: why are you now 250 years old on your profile? ;)

hehehe - radiation is making me hyper.

hugs to you, Mr. B and triple hugs to that ADORABLE little person you two introduced to the world! (my goodness....she rivals mi hija's cuteness...I'm soooooo jealous!!! I would be ridiculously protective, too!).

peace out,
lil sis

5:22 AM  
Blogger #1 Dancer said...

Ok, ok, Brooke, I'm back.

And Keira is GORGEOUS!!!
I'm not just saying that. There are ugly babies, and that an ugly baby is NOT.

Keep posting!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home